What You Need to Know About the Use and Care of Leather Bags
To be honest, for many of us, leather goods and accessories have a special place. Leather has been used by people for many years in areas such as clothing, goods and accessories. In fact, the earliest known use of leather dates back to 2000 BC. Although our interest in leather products may seem like the fashion popularity of this century, it actually goes back much further.
The use of leather, especially in accessories such as bags and wallets, has increased in recent years and has become popular among many users. Since people started to make both useful and stylish choices in their daily lives, the demand for leather accessories has increased. No matter what field you are in, it is not easy to say no to handmade or custom-made stylish leather bags.
So, what are the advantages for us of using genuine leather bags, which have become popular again recently? Let’s take a look together.
- Durability and Flexibility
Genuine leather is known for its durability and flexibility. This is one of the reasons why it is often used in everyday accessories such as bags and wallets. For example, you can use your leather bag every day without fear of tearing or wearing out quickly. The natural flexibility of the leather is a complementary feature of its durability. When used for many years, leather products become flexible and take a unique form and can be used without losing any of their functionality.
- Natural and Environmentally Friendly
Unlike other synthetic materials used in bag production, leather is a natural product. Artificial bags produced with synthetic materials also cause environmental pollution due to the heavy chemicals used. However, using eco-friendly bags made of genuine leather always feels much better because it does not harm the environment and is natural.
- Long Lasting Use
Leather bags breathe due to their natural structure. This extends the life of your bag. While problems such as odor, fungus and mold may occur in bags made with artificial or synthetic products, it is not possible to experience them in a bag made of genuine leather.
- Budget Friendly
You may think that buying a bag made of genuine leather is expensive and you may hesitate to buy it. However, with a little calculation, you will realize that genuine leather bags are actually budget friendly. When you invest in a genuine, premium leather bag, you can be sure that you can use it for quite a long time. However, when you buy a bag made of artificial or synthetic materials, you may have to change it every 3-4 months.
- Stylish and Elegant Designs
I think the elegant and sophisticated design of a leather bag may be the first thing we all agree on. It is an indisputable fact that when you have a leather bag in any color or design, it will add an extra elegance and flamboyance to your style.
What Should You Pay Attention To In The Cleaning And Maintenance Of Leather Bags?
- Clean your leather bag at regular intervals with a soft, slightly damp cloth.
- You can clean it in more detail with materials specially produced for leather cleaning. Apply the leather cleaner with circular movements, then wipe it with a slightly damp cloth so that the pores are not blocked.
- You can use a special leather cream to prevent deformations that may occur on the leather bag.
- When you are not using your leather bag, you should keep it in its original box or in special storage bags so that there is no dust.
- Do not use cleaning products containing alcohol. Cleaning products containing alcohol and heavy chemicals can damage the natural structure of your leather bag and cause it to dry and discolor.